Monday, March 31, 2008

Airlie Beach, Australia - The Whitsundays

This has to be one of the highlights of my trip so far. 10 great people, an amazing little boat and a great Italian chef for a skipper, who shouted 'Simon!' so much at his first mate (assistant), we're all thinking of having it as a ring-tone!

We started out from Airlie Beach- another great spot- and headed out for 3 days and 2 nights of paradise on the Ileola, a 50 year old yacht, found sunk 15 years ago and raised and restored by the present owner.

Basically I spent 3 days sailing around the beautiful islands of the Whitsundays, snorkeling in some amazing reef, visiting the whitest beaches I've ever seen, drinking great wine and eating fantastic Italian food. The nights were spent on deck, looking up at an upside down star sky, with thousands more stars than normal! The tan is also coming along a treat and I'm as brown as I've ever been!

I brought a Santa hat with me- everybody took turns having their photo taken with it on. As everybody was European, we're all struggling with the concept of Christmas with the weather being is like it is out here. Not that that is to be taken as a complaint in any way of course!!

Not alot more to report than that really! I think the photos are self explanatory. It really is this good!!!

No comments: